Sunday, October 13, 2013

Typographic Tattoos


While scrolling through my Tumblr feed, I got caught up looking at typographic tattoos. Personally I know a few people that are completely against tattoos that are strictly typographic, but I have to disagree with them. I think typographic tattoos can be just as beautiful as any other tattoo, and sometimes the more delicate and simplistic they are, the more beautiful they are (as with any design really). 














I especially ones that are placed to fit the shapes and contours of the part of the body where they are located.





Or ones that are just simplistically clever.



When it comes down to getting a type-driven tattoo, it is almost like a graphic design project. The right typeface can make or break it. I would have never really thought that some of these typefaces could work so well as tattoos, but I love exploring the variety of type some people choose to ink onto their bodies.















I then came across this website called “Tattly.” This site includes a variety of “Designy Temporary Tattoos” that are created by designers and then put up on this site to be sold. While most of these I don’t think I would ever commit to getting as an actual tattoo, some are very clever.
















No comments:

Post a Comment